Thursday, April 21, 2022

Sweet Home Chicago

Oh, why does it sometimes feel so good to embarrass your overly confident MC? I had one more thing, a minor plothole that bothered me, something nobody yet picked up but it just wasn't right. And I found a way to address it! Ah, the evil things a wannabe writer has to do... It's a good thing there's no webcam, otherwise you'd see me dancing like crazy around the kitchen table 😁

Regardless, may I introduce you to my two new, best friends:

    


Mirriam-Webster's College Dictionary, 11th edition, and the Chicago Manual of Style, 17th edition.

After browsing these two bricks, I suddenly feel bad for editors...

Oh, and I'd love to see a 'two volume' version of the Mirriam-Webster, IN A LARGER FONT. The people who can afford this book typically have poor eyesight, so why make those letters that small and the paper that thin?!?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment